Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Correlating values generated from web_custom_request

Hi All,

I would like to correlate value generated from webcustomrequest and iam trying to get the values from the tree view and. This feature is not fetching me the values as teh boundary values are pipe symbol and some hidden boudaries. Kindly let me know if there other alternatives in this regard.

Regards,
Ramesh
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Ramesh,

Weird coincidence you posted this because I just ran into this problem for the first time this week. The web_custom_request contained sessionIDs which needed correlation but VuGen didn't pick it up. While trying to create parameters manually, I came to the realization that even though the recorder picked up this code, it might not be critical to transaction. I simply commented out the custom request code and the script still works like a charm. Is this custom request really necessary?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

There are certain requests in the .NET application where by default, VuGen generates this function only for requests that could not be interpreted with other web functions. I have tried recording the same both in the HTML as well as the URL mode with different options, but still able to see the web_custom_request. This clearly indicates that the requests were not able to be interpreted with other web functions. For me there is click which needs to select some parameter from the dropdown and for this iam shocked to see that web_custom_request is called for. This generates a ViewState and which needs to be correlated for making the next submit request successful. Iam using PC814 and tried even in 91 but facing the same issues. I tried to correlate from the tree view but failed.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi ive also had this problem recently - I recorded a script in HTTP/HTML and in two of the scripts i recorded a web custom request was found..with large data in the body.
I tried re recording the script in url etc.. this did not work and Vugen did not pick up the correlation using auto correlate.
I tried recording in web -siebel and the web custom request wasnt present in the code there? .. but my application is not using siebel so not sure why this is the case? ..
I then went back to the script and managed to correlate the VIEWSTATE and EVENTVALIDAITON in there however i was there spurned an erro saying there was too much data for base 64 to encode?
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.