ALERT! The community will be read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins. Read more for important details.
ALERT! The community will be read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins.Read more for important details.
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Custom Report for MAX and STDDEV for Response Time of transactions

Jump to solution

I am trying to produce a report in BAC Custom Report wizard for MAX and STDDEV for transaction response times.

I found the table "trans_hr_t" which contains dResponseTime_max, dResponseTime_sumsqr (sum of the squares of the response times for the hour)  and pass_count_cnt (Number of samples that passed successfully in the hour).

I found some info about calculating variance and std deviation which takes either "sum of the squares/(N-1)" to calculate

the variance or "sum of the squares/N".  The standard deviation is the square root of the variance.

To calculate the standard deviation I tried using SQRT(dResponseTime_sumsqr/(pass_count_cnt - 1) and SQRT(dResponseTime_sumsqr/(pass_count_cnt)

and don't feel I am getting correct results.

Can anyone shed some light on this ?

Einar

Regards

Einar

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member..

Solved.

Found the correct formula for Standard Deviation and double checked values

by calculating by hand and compared to generated report.

Regards

Einar

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Absent Member..

Solved.

Found the correct formula for Standard Deviation and double checked values

by calculating by hand and compared to generated report.

Regards

Einar

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.