UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21. Read more.
UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21.Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

DB drop after HPOM upgrade

Hi All,

I was performed the upgrade procedure on my HPOM 8.35 and upgrade to HPOM 9.2.

I was referring to "HPOM_9.20_Installation_Guide_HP-UX.pdf".

After the core upgrade, I noted that the db was completely deleted.
Why the upgrade procedure did drop the db?

Note that I had Oracle Database Version 11g.

Thank you so much

Tags (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello Elenora,

There are two reasons why the DB is dropped and re-created during the upgrade from OMU 8.x to 9.x:

- The database schema changed between OMU 8.x and OMU 9.x.

- OMU 8.x used eithe ISO-8859-1 or Japanese SJIS as DB character set. OMU 9.x uses UTF-8 as DB character set.

Best regards,

Tobias

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello Tobias,

thank you so much for your help.
During the upgrade (from 8.x to 9.20) the DB wasn't re-created.
In particular, once the upgrade completed i don't have anything the db, I lost everything.

Best regards

Eleonora

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello.

That's why the upgrade chapter in the installation guide tells you to back things up.  I hope you haven't ignored these steps.

Regards,

Goran

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello Elenora,

Did you use the ovoupgrade_8xto92 script from the FTP?

Once the DB is dropped, the upgrade is very similar to a new install. Depending on where it fails, you should be able to continue by either running ovoupgrade_8xto92 again or by running ovoinstall to (re-)create the DB. And after that you can upload the configuration again.

If you want to send me the  /var/opt/OV/log/OpC/mgmt_sv/installation.log* files in a private message, I can take a look to see where it failed.

Best regards,

Tobias

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.