Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

DBSPI configuration

Good morning everyone..

I'm just wondering if anyone is able to point me in the drection of a decent guide / blogsite etc that can walk me through how DBSPI works and how it should be configured correctly?

I've been reading the InstallConfig v12.04 guide but I'm finding it worse than useless. That and the fact the actions it tells me to run just don't work.

For example step 1 tells me to assign the nodes to a node group.
Now do I assign the physical database nodes to the group, the virtual nodes to a group or do they both go in the same group? The virtual nodes are the FQDN of the database itself.

Step 4 talks about configuring the connection and recommends I use the Configure DB Connections from the Java console however when I do that I get a command can not be found error.

Command: dbspixterm -title "DBSPI cfg on `hostname`" -e dbspicfg.sh
produced the following output error:

Error: Specified file was not found.
with exit code: 3

So I logon to the node in question and run dbspicfg and nothing happens, I've tried appending /? and -help but nothing.

The guide doesn't explain what the local.config file or the dbtab file or how they are used.

I'm also confused with the discovery, for example there are 9 databases on this server but the license repotr is telling me there are 18...

Any help or possibly a point in the right drection would be much appreciated.

Cheers
CB

0 Likes
0 Replies
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.