Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Diagnostics SQL statements

Jump to solution
Dear forum,

I installed my Diag Server 8.04 and a .NET Diag Probe 8.04 on an Application Server (IIS) of my customer.

It works fine and brings all the details about my BPM profiles, server requests, load, tiers, etc.

It also shows me the "SQL Statements" but this is not what I was expecting from these views (see attached).

I was expecting to see the actuall queries (select * from ... etc.) but instead I see something that reminds me of functions (?)

Do I miss anything here?

Should I install a Diag Collector to monitor the DB Server of this application to get this? Would this help at all?

My ct wants to see the SQL queries and I do not know if and what I am missing here.

Thanks in advance,
Kostas
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Cadet 1st Class Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class
Looks like what you guys are seeing is SQL Stored Procedure (SP) names. Your DBA's should be able to tell you what SQL statement makes up the particular SP's.

I have the same issue (but it's not really an issue) for some of my .NET applications. As far as I know, there's no way to instruct Diagnostics to give you the SQL included in the SP. You have to remember that Diagnostics .NET Probe sees things from the applications perspective -- and if the application is calling a SQL SP, that's all it will see.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Hi Kostas,

I am also facing the same

It also shows me the "SQL Statements" but no queries

I was also expecting to see the actuall queries (select * from ... etc.) but instead I see something that reminds me of functions

Any one can suggest really appreciated

Cheers

Cheers!

Nvr Blame a day in ur life....... Good day gives "happiness" & Bad day gives "experience" ......
0 Likes
Cadet 1st Class Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class
Looks like what you guys are seeing is SQL Stored Procedure (SP) names. Your DBA's should be able to tell you what SQL statement makes up the particular SP's.

I have the same issue (but it's not really an issue) for some of my .NET applications. As far as I know, there's no way to instruct Diagnostics to give you the SQL included in the SP. You have to remember that Diagnostics .NET Probe sees things from the applications perspective -- and if the application is calling a SQL SP, that's all it will see.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Thanks Dave. This was my case. I verified it with the DBAs.

Thanks.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.