Diagnostics Server Upgrade - install new directory and retaining archive directory data

Jump to solution

The Diagnostics Server Upgrade instructions indicate to choose the same installation directory name as the previous version when doing the new version instllation portion.  Is it possible to choose a different installation directory, and then manually copy all of the archive directory data from the old directory to the new directory before starting up the server for this first time? 

I have perforned several upgrades from earlier versions to v9.23 about a year ago.  However, we did not use a 'standard' installation directory across all instances when first setup.  I was hoping to take this opportunity during the upgrade to make the installation directory consistent, and still retain all of the archive data.  ( I realize i still need to manually compare the old and new etc/ directory .properties files and apply any custom changes into the newer v9.24 files.)

this is LINUX, not Windows, if that makes a difference.

for example:

old v9.23 archive directory:

/opt/MercuryDiagnostics/Server/v9.23/archive

new v9.24 archive directory:

/opt/MercuryDiagnostics/Server/archive/

after v9.24 install, and before first sever startup:

cp -R /opt/MercuryDiagnostics/Server/v9.23/archive/*   /opt/MercuryDiagnostics/Server/archive/

has anyone done this before?   is this possible to upgrade, pick a new install directory, *and* retain all of the archive data?  or maybe some other technique to accomplish this?

thanks,

Eric

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

thanks - it worked fine.

Correct copy command (LINUX) would be:

cp -R /opt/MercuryDiagnostics/Server/v9.23/archive   /opt/MercuryDiagnostics/Server/

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Hi Eric!

I've done this in the past and yes, it is possible to choose a different installation directory, and then manually copy all of the archive directory data from the old directory to the new directory. Just remember to run the sleepycat_upgrade.cmd against the restored /archive or the server won't start.

Regards,

Carlos Badilla

HP Diagnostics Backline

0 Likes

thanks - it worked fine.

Correct copy command (LINUX) would be:

cp -R /opt/MercuryDiagnostics/Server/v9.23/archive   /opt/MercuryDiagnostics/Server/

View solution in original post

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.