Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Disabling policies on virtual nodes

Jump to solution

I’m currently trying to disable a policy on a virtual node (representing a Linux cluster) using an automatic action to run the command and although I can successfully disable the policy, it gets enabled again almost immediately.  I assume this is due to the virtual node management.

Is there a way of disabling a policy on a virtual node from the command line so that it actually stays disabled?

I will want to enable the policy again after a backup on the server has completed but I'm hoping that will be the easy bit!

Thanks

Cherry

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
New Member.

Re: Disabling policies on virtual nodes

Jump to solution

Hi Cherry

If a policy is deployed to a virtual node or listed in apmconfig file, there is no way to manually disable/enable the policy . The status is as per the associated Resource group status.

The policy listing  has to be removed from the apminfo config file or should be deployed on the physical node rather than the virtual node to be disabled/ enabled manually.

Thanks

Sandeep

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hello Cherry,

As a workaround, would it be possible to remove the policy from the virtual node using the console, and then re-install the policy once the backup has been completed?

Regards,

Colin

Micro Focus Support
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please make sure to mark it as an "Accepted Solution".
If you liked the reply then please show this with KUDOs.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hello CherryL_1,

You can use following command in command prompt:
#ovpolicy -disable -polname opcmsg

Here is my test:

Cheers,

Krasi

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution
The disable bit works initially as you've suggested. However the policy only stays disabled for less than a minute then gets enabled again. I assume this is because it's a virtual node. I've tried some variations on the ovpolicy -d command but haven't managed to make it work.

Thanks

Cherry
0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Cherry

If a policy is deployed to a virtual node or listed in apmconfig file, there is no way to manually disable/enable the policy . The status is as per the associated Resource group status.

The policy listing  has to be removed from the apminfo config file or should be deployed on the physical node rather than the virtual node to be disabled/ enabled manually.

Thanks

Sandeep

View solution in original post

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.