Commodore
Commodore

Doubt on RTSM Topology integration in OBR

Hi Experts,

We have the following scenario in our environment and we are in a confusion of integrating Topology in OBR.
Kindly could you help in suggesting which server needs to be integrated in OBR for topology.
Also we are using a "ZEN software Load balancer" for RTSM.
OMI is on Application Failover

1) HP OMi GW1
2) HP OMi GW2
3) HP OMi DPS1
4) HP OMi DPS2
5) Zen Load Balancer for OMi(Software load balancer)

Kindly help me to understanding the scenario

Regards,

Pranav R N

Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

Hello, 

The OBR configuration guide indicates:

lb.jpg

I hope this helps.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

What does the OBR documentation call "the virtual IP address of the load balancer"? It's a vague definition to say the least.

First of all, why virtual IP address, and not virtual name? Also load balanced BSM/OMi systems have 2 different virtual names configured - one for user access (with stickiness by session), another for data collectors (with round robin). So which one is OBR designed to use?

0 Likes

Yes, the documentation could use some examples. I think most of my official enhancement requests for OBR/SHR are for documentation updates, in fact. 😉

For instance, for a BSM VIP, use FQDN:

bsm.domain.com

However, in your environment I would think that the user access VIP would be the best target.

All OBR Views have been deployed via BSM/OMi Package Manager?

Best Regards,

~ Michael "OpenView Mike" Stollery
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.