New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Downgrade HP OM agent 12.x to 11.14 in VPV or Cloud Optimizer

Jump to solution

Hello,

We have a virtual appliance with Cloud Optimizer in a CentOS, and We installed the agent version 12.x.

The problem is that I need to integrate OMi with VMWare and to do this I need to use the version 11.14 of HP Agent.

The last time I tried to uninstall the agent in VPV, the VPV was uninstalled together, could someone help me to uninstall only the agent and not the Cloud Optimizer?

Regards,

Diego Pereira

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi, 

You are right, the reinstallation of both CO and OA are required at this stage. Tthe ovc versions will not change, when you uninstall agent 12, the common binaries that are also used by CO are not unisntalled hence you will see ovc versions at 12 itself. I have not tested this myself so cannot comment on why opcmona is not working. I also understand there should be a co-ex support statement for CO 3 and Agent 12 soon.

Cheers,

Priya

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Captain
Captain

Hi,

We currently are checking if there is a known procedure for your request to provide it or if it is mandatory to uninstall Cloud Optimizer too.

Regards,

Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hello,

I used the command oainstall.sh -remove -agent and I was able to unisntall the version 12.XX and install the version 11.14.

But I have a doubt, Is normal doesn't appear certificate in OVRG on VPV server? or I need to do something?

[root@xxxxxxxxxx Agent]# ovcert -list
+---------------------------------------------------------+
| Keystore Content                                        |
| Certificates:                                           |
|     8ecd9140-7345-758a-0266-d100d50f756e (*)            |
| Trusted Certificates:                                   |
|     CA_4a89e8e3-2879-4972-b560-b6fe1d45ac2e_3456        |

| Keystore Content (OVRG: server)                         |
| Certificates:                                           |
| Trusted Certificates:                                   |

VPV appears to be working properly.

VPV_CO.PNG

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Didn't work, opcmona don't start and ovc is on version 12 yet.

Probably We need to reinstall the entire application.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi, 

You are right, the reinstallation of both CO and OA are required at this stage. Tthe ovc versions will not change, when you uninstall agent 12, the common binaries that are also used by CO are not unisntalled hence you will see ovc versions at 12 itself. I have not tested this myself so cannot comment on why opcmona is not working. I also understand there should be a co-ex support statement for CO 3 and Agent 12 soon.

Cheers,

Priya

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.