Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Downloading and installing OMW

Jump to solution

I've got an LTU for BB166ZAE, HP Operations Mgr Windows Mgmt Server SW E-LTU, but when I go to  http://support.openview.hp.com/software_updates.jsp to download Operations Manager for Windows (OMW) I see the following which have different Product Numbers and I believe are different products:

HP Operations and Performance Manager 9.00 for Windows English Software E-Media    TC091AAE

HP Operations Manager i version 10.00 English Software E-Media                        TD914AAE

I downloaded TC091AAE.

1. Was that the correct product or do I need to install another product, and, if so, which one (a link would be great)?

2.  Installation hung while trying to connect to the SQL DB and it never asked for the "sa" account credentials so I have no idea how it was supposed to have connected at all!  Are there instructions you can point to so I can get past this hurdle?

Thanks!
Steve
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Captain
Captain

Hello Steve,

The correct product for installing HPOMW is: HP Operations and Performance Manager 9.00 for Windows English Software E-Media    TC091AAE. The other media is for installing OMi which is part of the Management solutions family but is not required to run OMW. Regarding the instructions to install OMW find attached to this post the interactive OMW 9 Installation/Migration guide which will guide you through all the necessary prerequisites and options to install the product.

Regards,

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Steve,

The second one you mention is not OMW, but OMi, which is a different product, so you downloaded the correct one. In the OMW 9.00 iso you will find the Installation and Migration Guide, you can take a look at it, it will guide you through all the installation process.

Best Regards.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Captain
Captain

Hello Steve,

The correct product for installing HPOMW is: HP Operations and Performance Manager 9.00 for Windows English Software E-Media    TC091AAE. The other media is for installing OMi which is part of the Management solutions family but is not required to run OMW. Regarding the instructions to install OMW find attached to this post the interactive OMW 9 Installation/Migration guide which will guide you through all the necessary prerequisites and options to install the product.

Regards,

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

In addition to using the OMW 9 Interactive Installation Guide - which will detail that you need sysadmin/sa type rights on the SQL db if not using our default install of our embedded SQL Server Express, you want to make sure that you are using the relevant installation patches OMW_00148 for SQL Server 2008 R2 and better still  install it on MS Windows 2012 R2 using the installation patch OMW_00185.

See the OMW patches page at https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM411947

Regards,

James

HP Software Support

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Thanks for the suggestion to use the embedded DB James.  I'll give that a try as I re-look at the interactive Installation Guide!

Steve
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Thanks for embedding the interactive installation guide.  I took a quick look at it an see the embedded DB James mentioned.  I'll be giving that a try right away!

Steve
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.