New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Dynamic Topology Sychronization - OM - OMi

Hello

I want to sync OM topology  with BSM server, Have followed below lisetd steps

Followed the integration OMi-OM Manual and exeucted the steps

1. OM is able to forward the events TO BSM server and the events are sycnced properly

2. CHapter 10 - Import Content package (OPtional) --- Is it really required  to execute. whtat the beneift of doing this step ( We are planning to integrate SHR with BSM, Does it really going to help the SHR -> BSM Integration) ---

3. Chapter 11 - BSM end i have configured the "packages for topology sync" with the defualt settings, also added "HPOprInf" since we are using Infra SPI

Is this steps are sufficiant to have the topology sync with BSM, If yes where i can see them in BSM

4. Chapter 12 - Dynamic topology synchronization , As per my understning this steps only required when we have mutiple OM server in the environment, Is that correct ?

My only Agenda is just to synch all the packages which OM server having,  that needs to be reflected / sycn in BSM server

Many Thanks in advance

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hello,

The steps you mentioned are the correct procedure for enabling the topology sync.

About the step 2, I do really recommend to have the Content Pack installed as it brings more topology details to RTSM, and this for sure will help you with SHR. As the guide mentions “As a minimum, you need the content packs that match the HPOM Smart Plug-ins that you are using.”

About the point 3, the default packages are listed in same guide* you are following:
The standard topology synchronization packages are:
• HPOprAds
• HPOprBes
• HPOprClu
• HPOprExc
• HPOprIis
• HPOprJee
• HPOprLys
• HPOprMss
• HPOprOra
• HPOprSap
• HPOprSys
• HPOprVir
• nodegroups
• operations-agent
*(HP Business Service Page 21 of 26 Management (9.21))
*BSM - Operations Manager Integration Guide
*How to Configure the Packages used for Topology Synchronization

About the 4, you are correct but the Dynamic Topology also allows “near-real-time”sync.
From the BSM help:
“Topology data is forwarded to the Operations Management instance dynamically, that is, as soon as a topology change is discovered by an HP Operations Agent (and written to the HPOM service model). Dynamic topology synchronization enables near-real-time discovery of infrastructure changes. For example, if a node is added to the environment, this change is immediately forwarded, and the database updated.”

Regards,

Adrian.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.