Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Dynamically create and delete monitor

I don't think Sitescope can do this, but I would like to confirm.

I can create various monitors manually, but is there a way to setup Sitescope to automatically add a new monitor to the dashboard when certain event happens?  More specifically,  can Sitescope add a new monitor when a new log file shows up in the log directory?

Right now, when a new log file is created, I need to manually add the monitor on the dashboard.  It would save me a lot of time if it were possible without the manual step.  All the log file monitors are identical, except for the file names.

Once a while, some of the log file monitors can be deleted.  Is there a way to delete a custom log file monitor (or other monitor types) by, for example, adding a line in the log file to tell the software to delete the monitor from the dash board? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

1) Create template with monitor

2) Invoke the API to deploy the template to create the monitor. The API is SOAP Web Service so a Python, Perl, Powershell or even cURL command can invoke it upon the "event".

3 ) There's a delete Operation in API

Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thank you, Kenneth.  

I read about template before, but did not know what it does.

I will need to read more about the API since so far, I has been always update the monitors manually.  Do you have a specific link that I can go to to read more about how to use the API using Python or cURL?

0 Likes
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

Please refer to API javadoc documentation to check on method parameters and format: SiteScope\examples\integrations\api\doc\javadoc

The URL you need to post the SOAP request to:

Here is a video showing how to invoke API with SoapUI: http://screencast.com/t/Ne7XPLbJ

Once you build the XML request you just need to post it to the URL using your script.

Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.