Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

EPI - Additional event aggregation

Hi

I would like to do additional event aggregation to reduce the amount seperate events in the bsm event browser; only working with duplication on key wont do because we want to keep some information from each event visible. 

For example; Event1 contains an external error-reference, Event2 has same key as Event1 and is duplicated but Event2 has its own error-reference. Now I want to be able to see all error-references in Event2 which is now the "top"-event in the duplication "tree".

I have not done that much investigation yet and would appreciate some input before I do; the initial idea was to check if an event is active (looking at key) and then retrieving information from the active event and append it to the new event before duplication takes place and the event is stored. But I have realised that retrieving information about already stored events is not a very straigthforward thing to do in EPI-scripts(?) and doing processing of the event in the "after storing"-phase is not really possible since you retrieve a read-only event-object.

The second idea is to keep a seperate event-cache in memory and cache information about the aggregated events and append this information to new duplicated events. But this creates alot of overhead and additional factors such as error handling(saving the cache-state when the process stops etc..).

Any input is appreciated, thanks!

//ludvig

3 Replies
Member.

Were you able to accomplish this? If so, do you have any reference material or resources you can direct me to?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

We're successfully done such a thing by using OPR REST API.
We're using event change list api to capture facts of event changes and modify events using event change api.

But there's other options. You can use TBEA (time-based event automation to capture event close facts and modify them)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi
That sounds like a job for Event Correlation rule.
Did you try that already?
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.