Commodore Commodore
Commodore

Empty SLM KPI for CIs from BSM Connector (CI_ID is NULL)

Hi,

I already posted the same topic on the Customer forum, but since 4th feb I have now an Access Denied (whereas my SAID is still valid, WTF ?!) so I have to rewrite everything... Anyway...

Here is my issue: our current platform has a BSM Gateway, a BSM Data Processing and a BSM Connector.
The Connector has policies that read metrics from log files and automatically create CIs in the RTSM with a custom topology script. Those CIs are put into SLAs. All was working fine until we upgrade our BSM from 9.24 to 9.26.

Since then, the new CIs created by the Connector's topology script are not fully recognized by BSM. In fact, what is still working:

• CIs are created in the RTSM.
  • Custom Reports and SAM Cross-Performance reports show the metrics.
  • Service Health's Views show KPIs values for those CIs.

But when those CIs are added to a SLA, the calculated KPIs are always empty (no data status)!

What I discovered so far:
  • In the profile database of the Connector, the column CI_ID from table SM_DEF_MEASUREMENT is NULL for the CIs created AFTER the upgrade of BSM (whereas ETI_ID is properly filled).
  • In the local cache of the Connector (hsqldb), the CIs are properly identified (entry in DISCOVERY_RESULTS is touched and entry in MAP_OBJECTID contains the real CI cmdb id in REAL_OBJECTID).
  • Doing a Hard synchronization in the Connector removes all CIs id from SM_DEF_MEASUREMENT and they never come back!
  • The CI Resolver in BSM has no error for those CIs (when DEBUG log is activated, it shows those CI are properly resolved).

I guess the issue is from BSM side, but I don't understand what is not working properly (I tried looking at the errors in logs, but BSM is generating tons of "normal" errors everyday which not facilitate the task...). Maybe this is related to what is called "reconciliation" but I don't really understand what is that mechanism (any explanation welcomed 🙂 ).

Anyway, thanks for your help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Sylvain,

did you ever get a resolution to this problem?  I am experiencing the same.

Thanks, Janet

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.