Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Essential Cluster and VMware vSphere Management Template in OMI Management pack

Hi Experts,

I need your advice, I understand the HP Cloud Optimizer Software have the capability to monitor VMware such resourse usage etc. 

What is the usage and how it work these templates available in OMI infra MP, Essential Cluster and VMware vSphere Management Template?

Thanks for your time.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
15 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Thanks a lot for the information.

Yes i need more information on this.

Could you please inbox me your contact number. I did not undertand this part "i would suggest you to install Operations Agent 11,14 on a Virtual Appliance[Proxy] node then add esx hosts / vCenter as a traget to the OAVA. Connect the same Proxy to your OMi" . From where proxy came? What is  OAVA node. ?

What i know is that need to install and configure OA on Vcenter host and accept the certificate in OMi, deploy discovery aspect and once it is done,, deploy Essential VMware vSphere Management template.

0 Likes
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

Hello Deepak, 

Let me brief you more on this. By using Operations Agent we can collect data from either vCenter or Esx host.

You should not install agent on vCenter. 

we need to install Operations agent on a proxy node like VA[Virtual Appliance]. the underlying OS is CentOS. After adding vCenter or Esx host to VA as a target, send certicate request to OMi,  then deploy discovery policy and monitoring policies. 

I would request you to go through Operations Agent 11.14 user guides to know more about how do we monitor vCenter by using Opertaions Agent. 

Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hey Guys,

Thank you very much, I have the same scenario.

I understood that I need to download the OVA file from  the agent 11.14 media, install this appliance that is a centOS, after I didn't understand how to add vCenter or Esx host to VA, could you please explain more?

After I think it is easy, assign the discovery and then Essential VMWare aspect, is that rigth?

The only problem is that HPE support said that They won't support this version 11.14.

Regards,

Diego Pereira

0 Likes
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

Hello Deepak, 

After installing OA 11.14, then please run below command to add your vCenter or ESX host as a target. 

oaconfig -at <vCenter FQDN> <User Name> <password>

-at means : Add target

-lt means : list targets 

Execute below command to get update on connection related issues. 

oaconfig -lt 

Once vCenter addition successful and connection status is working, then deploy Virtualization discover from OMi and check for the CI's has been added or not. 

Once the respective CI's are added, please deploy Essential VMware vSphere Management Template. 

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.