Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Events Buffered in Operation Agent

Jump to solution

Hello Experts,

Any idea please on how to deal with events buffered in Operation Agent.

When connection would be re established with OM, would buffered events on the OA side be sent in one shot?

Thanks,

Elmassimo

Labels (1)
Tags (4)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Yes. that is right. Rather than fixing the after efects I would prepare myself for these kind of situations. See if you can go for server pooling config for OM (HA) to address these kind of situations.

Also make sure the communication is intact between managed nodes and OM in that way agent does not buffer.

Close the thread if your issue is resolved to make the thread meaningful and complete. Do show gratitude to people who helped you by assigning points.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Yes. Check why messages are getting buffered first. First test is to do bbuctil check. If OA dont know whom to send or the manager is not reachable then messages gets buffered.

Close the thread if your issue is resolved to make the thread meaningful and complete. Do show gratitude to people who helped you by assigning points.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Thanks Sujith,

This is not what I mean 🙂

I was talking about handling buffered events.

Suppose OM is down for some reasons.

Then, the OA will buffer events.

The next time OM will be available.

Could this situation lead to an evet storm ?

Elmassimo

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Yes it will lead to event storm. Once there is a event storm the message queue (msgqueue located in %ovsharedir%tmp/queues) gets increased. OMW will process these messages first and then console will be completely online (meaning you will be able to see all messages in OMW console). After this state, OMW will be ready to process new events.

There are event storm settings available in OMW, use them.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Thanks Sujith.

I get your point.

There is also a configuration in the OM Agent itself to prvent event storm.

But in case of events buffered in the agent, I think only event storm detection from OMW/L could prevent this behavior.

What do you think?

Elmassimo

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Yes. that is right. Rather than fixing the after efects I would prepare myself for these kind of situations. See if you can go for server pooling config for OM (HA) to address these kind of situations.

Also make sure the communication is intact between managed nodes and OM in that way agent does not buffer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Thanks Sujith.

Elmassimo

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.