Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Lieutenant Commander Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Execute action on primary OMI

Hi all,

In my env I have 2 OBM each one in separate infra. The second OBM is forwarding messages to an old OM which we are migrating from to the first OBM. As part of the migration we need the second OBM forward their messages to the first one, which it is already done, the forwarding is working to both, the first OBM and the old OM. Now the problem is that some automatic actions configured in the second OBM's policies are executing scripts to the old OM, I mean, the node executor of the script configured in the policy automatic action is the OM server.

I don't know in the case of two OBM to tell the second OBM the script to execute in the first OBM. I changed the policy automatic action node from OM to the first OBM but the automatic action fails with a RPC 503 error. 

Both OBM trust each other, but I miss something.

What is the right way?

Thank you.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Fleet Admiral Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

To execute automatic action the OMB/U sevrer that needs to execute them need permissions on the target node to do so.

so you need to configure and deploy a felxible management policy that allows this.  In this case you need to configure on th eOM server taht OBM Server is allowed to execute actions. with OMU you need to edit and deploy a file to the Agent of the OM Server.  At the moment i just cant remeber the name of it. .....5 years no OMU takes it toll. repsonsible manager file... but is still miss the file name.

and the agent on the OM Server should be 11.14 or newer. better 12.06 or newer. There may be also issues with the allowed TLS versions.  new agents like 12.14 dont allow communication with legacy cypher protocols. so TLS 1.0 and 1.1 is disabled by default.  you also need this to enebaled in the java keystore configuration of the OMB server. need to check my documentation if responsible manager file doesnt work for you.

0 Likes
Lieutenant Commander Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Hi @andreask ,

yes, I thought it but I don't know if it is possible to deploy a flexible mgmt template to an OBM agent, because the servers monitored by the second OBM are out of the scope (network access) of the first OBM. 

It's possible?

0 Likes
Fleet Admiral Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

The OBM Server needs direkt network access to Agent to execute the action. so if this is not possible it will not work anyway. in this case it is the agent of the OM Server itself.

The action is not bound the the message and then gets execute when it arrives at OM Server. I think its generally diabled to execute an automatic action on a forwarded message. But .... may be there is a setting for OM Serve rto enable this.  you have to check documentation.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.