ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins. Read more for important details.
ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins.Read more for important details.
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Export Import policies

Hi all,

I'd like to know how can I export one specific template group from OM8 and import it in the new server hosting OM9.

Both environment are Unix

any help is appreciated,

thanks in advance.

Regards,

Omar

Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

on OM8,

i got this here in this forum only... lets say u wanted to download a group called "AD Connector"..

Create Specification file as below for downloading a template group named "AD Connector"

$ cat > /tmp/cfgdwn/download.dsf
TEMPLATE_GROUP "AD Connector" ;

$ /opt/OV/bin/OpC/opccfgdwn /tmp/cfgdwn/download.dsf /tmp/cfgdwn
+ verifying target filetree
+ parsing download specification file "/tmp/cfgdwn/download.dsf"
+ starting download
+ of selected configuration data
+ reading template groups from DB
+ downloading template group "AD Connector"
+ opccfgdwn finished

on OM9,

for upload use below command
/opt/OV/bin/OpC/opccfgupld -add /tmp/cfgdwn

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello.

With OMU 8.x you can also do this using the Motif GUI: Actions -> Server -> Download Configuration -> Templates.

Next select the desired group, click on the "->" button and click on "Select All Contained Templates".

Regards,

Goran

0 Likes
Absent Member..

I followed your steps to export my template group at the end of the opccfgdwn results I get a Warning message and the data file generated does only contain the name of the templates group listed in the first level of the group that I want to export, there are no templates listed. Is that normal ?

Warning:
   Since not 'All Configuration Data' was selected for the download, the
   upload may result in unexpected database contents.
   Try 'man 1m opccfgdwn' for details.

regards,

0 Likes
Absent Member..

the upload command doesn't work. I keep getting the message below:

# /opt/OV/bin/OpC/opccfgupld -add /tmp/evo/guiExport
Searching for data in the C.utf8 subfolder
Searching for data in the en_US.utf8 subfolder
Searching for data in the en_US.UTF-8 subfolder
Searching for data in the C subfolder
Warning - Locale specific directory '/tmp/evo/guiExport/C.utf8' not found, defaulting to 'C'
+ parsing index file "/tmp/evo/guiExport/C/guiExport.idx"
Logfile output has been stored in 'opccfgupld.log'
Cannot open index file '/tmp/evo/guiExport/C/guiExport.idx'.
No such file or directory
+ opccfgupld terminated with 1 warning(s)/error(s)

Any ideas what might be the problem ?

the templates are exported using the gui, using the command line to export the templates give the same message.

Regards,

Omar

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.