UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21. Read more.
UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21.Read more.
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Facing multiple issues with VA (VMWare monitoring)

Hi,

I have OMW 9 on Windows 2008 R2 and 11.14 agent with VA, facing mulitiple issues with VA

1. All Datastores are not discivered properly in OM, sometimes get alerts for datastore then suddenly stops.

2. VA capacity is 2000 objects, my VA has around 2800 objects. What happens once it has more than 2000 objects?

3. If I add 2nd VA then what will happened .... Do I need to add the existing vCenter which is already added in the 1st VA and the new VA will add only the objects which was not added by 1st VA... is it?

Thanks,

Raj

0 Likes
1 Reply
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello Raj,

For the issue 1 - Make sure you have all the latest Hotfixes installed from Operations Agent side of the house for OAVA along with the Hotfixes from Virtualization Infrastructure SPI.

For the issue 2 - As documented OA VA doesnt support more than 2K instances. It its more, then you should be getting an indication in the status.viserver. And yes that can disturb the normal collection (with respect to scaling and performance).

For the issue 3 - Your assumption is not right. You can add a second VA in order to distribute the instances being collected at the individual VA. This can be achieved by filtering at the Cluster level. Each VA would be collecting the instances belonging the respective Cluster which they are part of.

Regards,

Kallol Roy

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.