Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Fine tuning BSM 9.23 on Linux

BSM 9.23 on RHEL Linux on 64-bit VM platform ( VMWARE )

I had allocated around 7GB for the server, but I see accessing BSM is very slow.

Is there any fine tuning steps that can be done to avoid slowness especially in Virtual machine environment.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

How about using BSM Deployment and Capacities spreadsheet (aka BSM Sizing Calculator)? How much memory does it show as required for your BSM deployment?

0 Likes
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Hello Dmitry

It shows 8GB, but I still believe we can tune in few parameters, which we can achieve to run with
even less memory.

Does HP has any white-paper on doing this.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

There is no such whitepaper that would tell you how to ignore the official product sizing numbers. If the sizing calculator tells you 8 GB of memory, you should allocate at least 8 GB (in virtual environments it would be useful to have even a bit more). If you still experience performance issues even with the required amount of memory, then you can create a support case to investigate why it happens and what can be done to improve performance.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.