Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Getting error while configuring websphere Monitoring

Hello Experts

I am trying to configure websphere monitoring in sitescope. I have created folder in sistescope and copied the below files into the sitescope folder from websphere:

D:\Sitescope\java\lib\ext\com.ibm.ws.security.crypto.jar

D:\WAS_7\com.ibm.ws.admin.client_7.0.0.

D:\WAS_7\com.ibm.ws.runtime.jar

D:\WAS_7\DummyClientTrustFile.jks

D:\WAS_7\DummyClientKeyFile.jks

D:\Sitescope\java\lib\ext\ibmkeycert.jar

But I am getting the error. Please find the snapshot for the error details. Kindly guide me to configure the websphere monitor.

Sitescope version: 11.24

Websphare version: 7.x

Websphare directory: /usr/local/WebSphere7/AppServer

Please guide me.

Thanks

Selvaganesh E

Labels (1)
0 Likes
7 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

Thanks for your question:

It would be helpful confirm if you then include the files of the WebSphere(jars), restart the SiteScope service ?

Best regards 

0 Likes
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Hello RRRA

Yes, I have restarted the sis services once I have placed the Jar files from websphere server.

Thanks

Selvaganesh E

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello Selva,

Please check below documents/attachment might helps:

SiteScope WebSphere Monitor Troubleshooting Guides (for WAS 6.0, 6.1, 7):

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM1221277

Troubleshooting the Websphere Application Server Monitor:

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM188394

how to monitor IBM WebSphere Application Server (WAS) 6.1 / 7.0 via SSL with WAS Global Security (GS) enabled:

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM855126

Hope it helps

“If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
0 Likes
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Hello SonDang

Thanks a lot for sharing the information. Its really helpful for me to understand the things.

I didn't install the websphere admin console on the sitescope server. So is it necessary to install the websphere admin console on sitescope for configuring websphare 7.0x in sitescope?

Please confirm.

Thanks

Selvaganesh E

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Selva,

Yes, it is required. SiteScope is connecting via WebSphere Administrator's Console and uses the IBM API to retrieve counter information. This means that the Websphere Admin Console must be installed and available on the SiteScope server. The Admin Console is located on the WebSphere Application Server disk.

“If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
0 Likes
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Hello SonDong

Thanks for your confirmation. We have websphere application server in unix environment and the sitescope is in windows environment.

So do we need to download the websphere for windows environment and install it in sitescope? if yes, where can we download?

Please suggest me.

Thanks

Selvaganesh E

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

For Sitescope, please install with Windows version.

You can find more details information below doc:

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg27012956

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.