Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Global Search and replace issues

Anybody else have issues with the replace function?  I'm trying to add a 90% utilization warning threshold for dynamic disk mnonitors, and it says it added the new value, but after going into the monitor properties, the warning threshold is not there.

image.pngimage.png

Labels (1)
8 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Even the audit log shows it was chnaged, but it's not

image.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hi Eric,

Are you selecting the check box in the monitor properties for warning threshold while doing the global serach and replace fucntion? If not, then there will be no effect on the monitor side.

Regards

Gun

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Yes.  The wizard even shows a preview of the changes, then confirms the changes are made as well as the audit log as I indicated in the other images.  But the changes are not being made.

image.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

I've even tried this with the main SitreScope admin account and it makes no difference.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hi Ericmorris,

Try to restrart the SiteScope services and then do the global search and replace.

Meanwhile what is the version and the platform of the Sitescope you are using?

Regards

Gun

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Restarting made no difference.  Sumary of changes indicate the new values, audit log shows the monitor was updated, but no changes when you drill down into the monitor properties.

I am running 

2018.11 | Build: SiteScope 11.60.83 64-bit JVM, Build 82
Windows Server 2016

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Global search and replace simply does not work for thresholds. It will not detect the current value. It will only add another threshold and there is no way to remove the existing thresholds.  

For those who have a lot of monitors to modify, prepare for carpal tunnel with all the clicking you will be doing.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

I see the same in SiS 11.41.
The best alternative way is Publish Changes from template. If the monitors aren´t deployed using templates, creating template from current monitors and deploying again will probably be less work than changing manually on each monitor. 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.