ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins. Read more for important details.
ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins.Read more for important details.
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

HP BAC 8.07 -- pdf reports arent aligned properly.

Hi All,

the pdf reports( manually generated and scheduled reports) are not aligned properly. please find a sample report attached.

please suggest me how i can fix this.

Thanks,

Mallesh

Tags (1)
0 Likes
8 Replies
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hello,

Follow the below steps.

Open the \<HPBMS_Gateway_server>\AppServer\webapps\site.war\WEBINF\ rfw\conf\internal\ rfw-presentation.xml file.

In the file, search for the string presentation-model type="Report".
Increase the value of staticWidth to about 750.

Regards,

Abhijeet
0 Likes
Cadet 2nd Class

Hello Abhijit,

Thanks for the quick response

It didnt allow me to update the value. it gave access denied error. i just created a new xml file and copied all the values and renamed it as rfw-presentation.xml . 

the report looks the same. there is no change in it.  is it because of the way i change the value? please let me know.

Thanks,

Mallesh

0 Likes
Cadet 2nd Class

The report in BAC looks good. but when i generate the pdf, it looks like that.

0 Likes
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Dear Mallesh,

Please refer the attached document to customize the reports. Please let us know if this helps.

Regards,

Abhijeet
0 Likes
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Configuration default files make this happen if the table has too many columns

Pl try below

Edit the file
<HPBAC>/AppServer/webapps/site.war/WEB-INF/rfw/conf/applications/eum-presentation.xml

Please change in this file for the whole list of tags that have an attribute like
 presentation-model-name="*_table"
and have the children
 <property key="properties.paging" value="true" />

for
<properties-set key="properties">
<property key="paging" value="false" />
<property key="maxColumnsPF" value="7" />
</properties-set>

An example to ilustrate this:

OLD VALUE:
<component report-id="rum_page_summary" presentation-model-name="rum_page_summary_general_table">
<property key="properties.paging" value="true" />
</component>

NEW VALUE:
<component report-id="rum_page_summary" presentation-model-name="rum_page_summary_general_table">
<properties-set key="properties">
<property key="paging" value="false" />
<property key="maxColumnsPF" value="7" />
</properties-set>

Pl revert if u faced any issue

Cheers!

Nvr Blame a day in ur life....... Good day gives "happiness" & Bad day gives "experience" ......
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

I am facing the same issue.  I tried updating E:\HPBAC\AppServer\webapps\site.war\WEB-INF\rfw\conf\internal\rfw-presentation.xml.

It did not help, Please see below my EUM-presentation.xml.

would you be able to make the changes. I was not able to find the parameters

thanking you in advance

0 Likes
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

have u restarted the services after doing the changes ?
Cheers!

Nvr Blame a day in ur life....... Good day gives "happiness" & Bad day gives "experience" ......
0 Likes
Cadet 2nd Class

Hi Guys,

This is the reply i got from HP support. they say its a limitation and cant do anything about it. i dont understand if they have known this issue why havent they done something about it.

I did an internal research and this issue is already reported to R&D for this version. This is caused for a third party code. This is a known limitation with PDF reports.

You can see the progress of the ER that R&D is working related to this in the following link

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/LID/QCCR1I57827

If you can see this kind of issues is because a third party code that BSM use for export pdf reports. From BSM there is no way to change the font size of pdf reports, it is a known limitation. As work around you can try to export the pdf reports to Word and then edit the tables and later exported again to pdf.

The third party code is called “IceBrowser”. Unfortunately, the only work around is used other formats like xls or html. everything related with reports are located in the Gateway

Thanks,

Mallesh

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.