UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21. Read more.
UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21.Read more.
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

HP BAC - table names where the data collected by BPM is stored.

Hello Guys,

Can anyone please tell me the list of tables where the data collected by the BPM's are stored. we are planning to pull this data and create our own customised reports.

Thanks for your help

Mallesh

Labels (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Hello Mallesh,

You can easily get DB fields from you system.

You should use Meta-Data-Manager method from the BSM JMX http://<your server name>:8080/jmx-console/HtmlAdaptor?action=inspectMBean&name=Topaz%3Aservice%3DMeta-Data+Manager.

Run MBean showMetaDataDBMapping(). This method shows all samples that are defined in BSM.

Output is like that:

Sample: trans_t (BPM_TRANS)

TUID (TUID)
  time_stamp (SAMPLETIME)
  customer_name (CUSTOMERS_DIM.CUSTOMER_NAME) [BPM_TRANS.CUSTOMER_ID ->    CUSTOMERS_DIM.CUSTOMER_ID]
  customer_id (CUSTOMER_ID)
  internal_u_iTransactionId (INTERNAL_TRANSACTION_ID)
  u_iTransactionId (TRANSACTIONS_DIM.TRANSACTION_ID) [BPM_TRANS.INTERNAL_TRANSACTION_ID ->  TRANSACTIONS_DIM.INTERNAL_TRANSACTION_ID]
  szTransactionName (TRANSACTIONS_DIM.TRANSACTION_NAME) [BPM_TRANS.INTERNAL_TRANSACTION_ID ->   TRANSACTIONS_DIM.INTERNAL_TRANSACTION_ID]
  szTransactionDesc (TRANSACTIONS_DIM.TRANSACTION_DESCRIPTION) [BPM_TRANS.INTERNAL_TRANSACTION_ID -> TRANSACTIONS_DIM.INTERNAL_TRANSACTION_ID]

Here: trans_t - sample name

BPM_TRANS - table name in profile database.

customer_id - sample attribute alias

BPM_TRANS.CUSTOMER_ID ->    CUSTOMERS_DIM.CUSTOMER_ID - DB column, where data stored       

You need samples which names begins with "trans_*" are related to BPM.

You also can use "BSM Reports Guide" for reference.

BR,

Andrew.

0 Likes
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

Thanks for the information Andrew.  it is very helpful.

we are using BAC version 8.07. i couldn't find the Working with the Generic Reporting
Engine API chapter. please let me know if i need look in another document.

in your attached document,  there is a sample query to pull the data which uses the table name trans_t,  i couldnt locate this table in my bac profile database.

does all the data collected will be saved in the tables under the schema used for bac profile?

thanks a lot for all you help

Mallesh

0 Likes
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Hello Mallesh,

Did you try jmx? Unfortunatelly I don't have access to the BSM 8.07 now so I can't check whether Meta-Data-Manager exists in BSM8.

Any way, trans-t samples are stored into BPM_TRANS db table. Check it.

Working with the Generic Reporting Engine API chapter you can find in the "Solution and Integration Guide". See attachment.

BR,

Andrew.

0 Likes
Commander
Commander

I was wondering(hoping) if you could tell me if the data collected from sitescope is stored in similar database tables as bpm also. thanks for your help and time., Sarah

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

nope, SiS has its own tables in the profile DB.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.