Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

HP BSM 9 Odb Error

Hi Guys

Having some issues with HP BSM 9.25 Environment

When going to Admin>EUM>BPM Settings, when we want to change any global settings related to the BPM it pops up with an error that states - Network Error to get BSM Server

Also when trying to open up Admin>EUM>Alerts we get the following Error - Failed to connect to bsm alerts

Investigating logs, we are getting following errors in odb error log

Cannot find user [bsm_odb_customer_1]

Not sure if this is related but I then proceeded to check

http://<DPS>:21212/jmx-console/HtmlAdaptor?action=inspectMBean&name=UCMDB:service=Security

I cannot open up the jmx console it gives "Internal Error Occured" when using either DPS or GW Server

I attached all screenshots

Labels (1)
0 Likes
8 Replies
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

check All BSM services are up and BSM server status is Ready.

login to the GW server and invoke the BSM and verify you are still receiving the Network Error to get BSM Server

also try re-connecting db by running BSM db config wizard. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Hi Thanks

Yes gives same issue from BSM Servers itself

I already stopped BSM and went through Connect to DB wizard fine, all went as they should

Still having this issue

It seems to be an issue to connect to the RTSM of some sorts, I can connect to the rtsm through BSM when going to Admin>RTSM

However when trying to open RTSM on port 2012 to check that user it gives internal error, cant open jmx

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Update

I verified from the Server and other servers that I can open the Alerts Page (must be new java version on my own machine)

However still the editing of global BPM Seetings fails with connection to server error

I see with BSM 9.25 patch they disbaled the "Allow remote access to jmx" option

I enabled access again and will see if I can check that user bsm_odb through the jmx console

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Seeing the same error accessing EUM alerts "Failed to Connect to BSM alerts" with BSM 9.25

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Hello Sir

Did you ever fix this issue with the Failed to connect to BSM Alerts message ?

If you did . How did you fix it. I'm facing the same issue on my production environment for now.

And I also verified that accessing the same pages from my servers works. So something on client side. But have loads of users with the issue so I wouild really like a fix for this so my users can configure Alerts again 🙂

Best regards

Jan P. Madsen

It's nice to be important, but important to be nice,
0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.. Contributor..
Contributor..

HI, Can you please share steps if the issue has got resolved.

Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Mario,

Where you able to access the JMX-console by enabeling the "Allow remote access to JMX" option?
Can you specify the location of this option?
We are having the exact same error displayed (see attached images) and we would like to know how did and how you solved this issue. 

We'll sincerly appreciate your response.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

You can enable remote access to the DP/GW JMX consoles from the BSM GUI.  Go to Admin / Platform / Infrastructure Settings.  Select Foundations, and then Security from the drop-down box.  The setting is called "Restrict remote access to JMX console" and it is the last one in "Security - Logon" section.  Change the setting from "true" to "false".

Regards,

Tim

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.