Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

HP BSM / SiteScope - is there something that can report how fast a FileSystem/Disk is growing?

Dear Experts,

We are currently using SiteScope 11.23 and was wondering if SiteScope or BSM have any tools that can report how fast a FileSystem/Disk is growing?

For example, I would like the report to give me something or a graph that says that this FileSystem or Disk is filling up about 10 gigs a week, so that way we will know when we need to add more disk space to that specific server and how much we would need to add.

Any advice on this is very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Labels (2)
0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Setting up a Disk Space monitor and then creating a report for desired time frame is not what you want?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Dmitry,

Thanks for the response.

Well a report of the disk space is nice, but I would like to know the "delta", how much a disk grows over time.

Like if disk A has 5 gigs free but stays there, and if disk B uses 5 gigs every week, this is the kind of report I am currently interested in. So that if the disk space gets full, we know how much disk space to add or how long it will last etc.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks,

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Hi Ryu ,

You could use calculated metrics to define a new measurement of the disk space growth,
 fore example:

<disk_grow>=(<current.%.full> - <previous.%.full>)/<previous.%.full> --->  this would give you a ratio of the <%.full>  growth. This is just an example you couuld define another metric with other calculations , if needed.

Another , more advanced approach, would be using a custom monitor. Within it you could perform all kind of calculations and manipulations with the data, still you need to build the data processing script yourself or ask someone to do it for you.

Hope this helps !

Yordan

Yordan Mirchev
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks Yordan.
I was thinking of using the calculated metrics as you suggested, however, for some reason I was unable to use the "#previous" under calculated metrics.
I can imagine I am using it correctly, so I figured it must be something that is stopping me from using #previous, such as version or java etc....not sure what it may be.

Or if you want I can try to copy and paste an example you have into my SiteScope and then I can paste a screen shot of the results.

Any advice on this is very much appreciated.
Thanks,
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hello,

Please note that there are some issues with the cumulative patch SIS_00303 on SiS 11.23 related to Calculated Metrics (in our case it did not work at all....). So, if you have applied this one, that might cause problems when you are trying to create calculated metrics.

Regards

Nils

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Hi Nills,

Thank you for the update !

I haven't noticed this issue before , still yes it seems there are issues with the calculated metrics and the 11.23 cumulative patch (noticed this when tried to test the set up) and development is aware of it.

I am going to post this as a support tip in case there are other people wondering what is happening .

@Ryu , if it is critical to get this working shortly you may want to raise a support case and maybe we could provde a hf for you. Otherwise I would advice to wait a bit for development to release a patch , I guess it wouldn't take long as there would be multiple customers affected by this.

Thank you both and wish you a nice day !

Yordan

Yordan Mirchev
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Ok thanks for the update.
Please let me know when there is a patch for this.
Thanks,
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.