Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

HP BSM dashboard turns red due to RUM

Dear Experts,

We are currently using BSM 9.22 and SiteScope 11.23.

I have never used RUM before so my knowledge on RUM is very limited.

So basically we have integrated all our SiteScopes to BSM as well as another department has integrated their stuff to the same BSM.

Now there are times when the other department team asks us to either disable to change the thresholds because one of our monitors is causing their dashboard to turn red.

My understanding is that RUM captures all requests from the UI to the servers etc.

So if one of my monitors turn red, it can cause their dashboard to also turn red and therefore I have to either disable the monitor, change the thresholds, or disable reporting to BSM for that particular monitor.

I was wondering if there was a way to somehow have RUM not be able to pick up that particular monitor so if my monitors turn red, it will not turn the RUM dashboard red.

Any advice on this is very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

sorry, but your question is not clear.

the best way to move forward, is whenever the dashboard shows red, look at the lowest level CI that became red, then look at its HIs and then we can understand what caused it to change status.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.