Absent Member.
Absent Member.

HP OM - BAC integration via sitescope

Hi,

Our environment;

BAC 8.04
SiteScope 10.12
OMW 8.16

i install and configure add on on the OMW side and create EMS monitor on the SiteScope side.

in BAC side i prepare tree in the dashboard that includes OM datas, i can get datas from OMW everything seems fine but, just few days. After a time, in the dash board (BAC) in tree we can see only no data and blue color boxes.

in the document i see that ems monitor does not support omw newr versions than 7.5.

So, i need solution to get data from om to bac properly.

Does anybody encounter same issue before or have any experience about this issue ?
Labels (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi can

I am not a SiteScope expert, but this is actually looks like a dahsboard "no data timeout" setting issue.

Dashboard does not hold last status forever (for most rules), it depends on the "no data timeout parameter".

If samples arrives from SiteScope to BAC with a very long gaps between (like in events...) the dashbaord will go to "no data" status (the blue one)

Check the posts below for how to change this (in a nutshell - change the no data timeout to a non-positive number). if this the case here , you have a solution.

http://forums13.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?admit=109447627+1283277074784+28353475&threadId=1388768

http://forums13.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?admit=109447627+1283277000728+28353475&threadId=1388548

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Can,
I have the same your problem with OMU 8.33. It seems that the problem is on ovo2bac forwarder service, that occasionally needs to be restarted. In windows you need to:

"On OVO/Windows, the OVO-BAC forwarder is running as an Windows service.
Use the Windows Service control panel to start and stop the service â HP OpenView Operations Message Forwarder to BAC"

If with restart you solve the problem(metric arrive to bac) than I suggest you:
- to contact support;
or
- to schedule a restart of the service(workaround).

I hope this can help you.
Michele
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

More, you can check log information in:
C:/Program Files/HP OpenView/Data/logs/System.txt with process opc2bac.

Michele
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks for your replies,

i tried restart the service before and it works, but, i don't want to overcome this issue manualy. Do you have any idea to this automatically ?

Also, i am thinking of updating sitescope or bac do you have any idea or experience, does new version support integration ?

Regards
Can
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Car,
I think that you can create a .bat file with commands:

net stop "HP OpenView Operations Message Forwarder to BAC"
net start "HP OpenView Operations Message Forwarder to BAC"

and run it with ControlPanel->ScheduledTask (using cmd.exe perhaps).

I think that in BAC9.0 it is possible to use forwarding service to collect events. I think that there is another synchronization method to align HP BAc and HP OM topology and events. See "hp_man_BSM9.0_SolutionsAndIntegrations_pdf.pdf" (pag. 99 and pag. 155).
Regards
Michele
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.