ALERT! The community will be read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins. Read more for important details.
ALERT! The community will be read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins.Read more for important details.
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

HP OML Field Mapping to OMi/BSM/RTSM

Hi Experts and Fellow Analysts.

Like many of you my team is working to migrate from OML 9.2x to OMi 10x with BSM and RTSM

Do any of you have any best practices you can share as to how you use the following fields in OML to OMi conversion

Node:

App:

Object:

MsgGrp:
Service Label:
Service Name:

and does HP have a mapping guide to show where these fields overlap or are converted once they reach OMi/BSM/RTSM

We have been running into issues with out RTSM that we beleive are related to the legacy way we have used the above mentioned fields.

-Brandon

Tags (6)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Captain
Captain

Hi UT_Brandon,

I hope you are doing very well.

Sorry for the long delay.

I have been searching for information related to your questions, and I hope that you will find this document useful:

https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM01539348

It is the Operations Bridge Evolution Guide which preface says:

This guide explains how HP Operations Manager i (OMi) and HP Service Health Reporter (SHR) can be used to replace functions that are handled by HP Operations Manager (HPOM) for UNIX or Windows and HP Reporter today while providing additional features and a modern web-based user interface.

It provides step-by-step evolution information that adds value after each step and presents an overview of how existing HPOM configurations can be transferred and used with HP OMi. It also contains a comprehensive comparison of key HPOM features and their equivalent in HP OMi.

Please let us know if this information suits your needs.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.