Absent Member.
Absent Member.

HP Performance Manager 9.2 and Performance Agent Compatibility

Dear all,

as per the HPE Software Product Support Matrix Tool (SUMA), HP Performance Manager version v9.2 and Reporter v4 do not have any "Performance Agent" versions listed as compatible/supported (only "Operations Agent" entries) while Performance Manager version 9.0 and Reporter 3.9 list Performance Agents down to version 4.7 as supported. At first sight, a quick test on Performance Manager v9.2 against a Performance Agent running v5.0 showed data graphs as expected.

Is Performance Manager v9.2 and Reporter 4.0 compatible with Performance Agents in the same way as v9.0/v3.9 were? We want to avoid having two installations of Performance Manager, one for newer Operation agents and one for older Performance agents.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Its single agent from version 11.00 onwards. And the PA 4.7x or 5.x are not supported officially anymore. I recomend to upgrade the older agents to newer versions - OA 11.1x or 12.xx.

Cheers,

Priya

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Priya,

I understand that the officially supported way is to have the latest Operations agents deployed. But from a technical perspective, do you know if they work together? I continued testing with a Performance Agent version as low as v4.0 running on RHEL3 - yes we still have some of these 🙂 and Operations agent does not support this platform - and it looked like both Reporter 4.0 and Performance Manager 9.2 had no issues integrating this agent.

Thanks!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.