Absent Member.
Absent Member.

HP Performance Manager problem.

Jump to solution

Hello.

Please help me resolve my problem.

In our organization installed PM 8.2 and OMW on stand alone server MS Windows 2003.

One our staff in GUI console PM create new user.

Now we can run PM only this user, early was blank user/password

When we want export Graph we See this error

Authentication failed, please pass valid user name and password as URL parameters.

When we try run admin tray - We can see only "Change password". And we can not see "Manage user".

Questions

How we can use blank user with blank password. How we can export our graph in csv format.

Way- Drill down - table-copy-paste is not fine.

Or how fully deinstall/install PM. We try deinstall/install PM but this do not resolve our problem.

I try ovpm adduser/delete user -  this do not resolve our problem.

blank user/customer with blank password do not created.

Please help me resolve this problem.

Regards,

Sergey.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello Sergey,

By default, PM will have blank user/password for the Admin user. You need to set a password for the blank user to avoid other users using the Admin console for PM. Please check, it appears someone might have configured a password for the blank user, that is why you are not able to login with this blank credential.

Can you try copying the default OVPMUsers.xml from %OvInstallDir%newconfig\OVPM folder to the %OvDataDir%shared\server\conf\perf? You will have to add the users again.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Priya

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello Sergey,

By default, PM will have blank user/password for the Admin user. You need to set a password for the blank user to avoid other users using the Admin console for PM. Please check, it appears someone might have configured a password for the blank user, that is why you are not able to login with this blank credential.

Can you try copying the default OVPMUsers.xml from %OvInstallDir%newconfig\OVPM folder to the %OvDataDir%shared\server\conf\perf? You will have to add the users again.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Priya

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Thank you.
Problem Resolved.

Regards,
Sergey.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Glad to know 🙂

Regards,

Priya

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.