Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

HP Reporter with HPOM

if we have hpom configured with named instance and SQL is on same server where om installed. we have installed reporter also on same box.Now how we can check if it is connected with HPOM or not?

in reporter in file -configure-options - do we need to supply OMW details although OMW is on same server and configured with windows authentication only.

if we want to connect it to another OM server also can we ?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
14 Replies
Admiral
Admiral

Hello SahilSharma,

For this question can you please consult the existing posts:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Systems-Management-OpenView-OP/Reporter-and-OMW-9-integration/td-p/4784314#.U5V8vvldWHc

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Systems-Management-OpenView-OP/integrate-OMW-and-reporter/m-p/4742115#M126742

This should answer your question.

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,

Carlos Pinto

HP Support 

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution

If you liked it I would appreciate KUDOs

Carlos Pinto
0 Likes
Absent Member..

while installing reporter we don't mention the Reporter DB name and server where it will create its DB. so how does it craete its DB where it creates DB by deafult?

after installation do we need to mention all details like DB name, db server name , OM srever name and credentials when OM is on same server and windoiws authentication is configured for sql which is alkso on same server where reporter is installed

0 Likes
Commander
Commander

Hi Sahil,

Please read the Installation & Configuration document.

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM00200885

Regards

0 Likes
Absent Member..

those articles are old one and as per those reporter and om cannot exist on same server but now its different reporter4.0 can co exist with om9. i want to know how to check if it is integrated with omw or not ?
also want to know during installation we have not supplied DB details like db server name and db name to be u7sed by reporter so how and where it makes db?
also we have not mentioned om server name so will it automatically takes those?
if yes then that means we can leave the spce blank in reporter-file-options-hpom server details?
0 Likes
Absent Member..

install and config guide d0oes not higlights the same. guide is pathatic even it does not not indiocates basic things like to test the connectivity between om and reporter, connectivity between reporter and db, and mostly faced errors
0 Likes
Commander
Commander

The document is very clear, you have to read it carefully & make notes.

1. You have to understand the Report collects data directly from the Operations Agent.

2. If you want to connect Reporter to OM then refer Page 54 & 67 "Configuring HPOM 9 (Oracle 11g) Database to Reporter", "Running Reporter and Operations Manager for Windows on Separate Systems"

3. Reporter 4.0 uses Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Express as its default database but you can configure your DB.

0 Likes
Absent Member..

all the three points i have read before installing. that again does not help me in getting answeres to my query.

1. in my setup OM and reporter and even sql are on same system and i am using the sql 2008 R2 express edition only but not the dafult one of Reporter infect which is being installed by default with OMW. So both mentioned above pointrs are not helping me.

my query is very simple- instead of refering to pdf's (which i have already gone through, does not have adequate information or i am not able to understand from those what I am looking for.
), request to answer here .
-- i want to know how to check if it is integrated with omw or not ?
also want to know during installation we have not supplied DB details like db server name and db name to be u7sed by reporter so how and where it makes db?
also we have not mentioned om server name so will it automatically takes those?
if yes then that means we can leave the spce blank in reporter-file-options-hpom server details?
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Hello SahilSharma,

If the OM/Reporter/SQL on Same Server,
The ‘HPOM for Windows Settings” found on ‘File > Configure > Options' should be blank when OMW/Reporter share a system
0 Likes
Absent Member..

then how we can check that if OMW is connected with reporter or not ?
all are working fine or not?

also what aboutthe sttigs in file->configure->database-> it should also left blank?
0 Likes
Absent Member..

if i eneter values in file-configure->options->hpom management server details then i get error . SO I am not sure whethjer it si connected with HPOM or not.

Also byt deafult which db has been created for reporter? is it by the name reporter only as i have not givfen any details as it has not asked me so. not sure about how it will connect to DB and which db ?

0 Likes
Absent Member..

does any one has any views or update on this
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.