Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

HP SiteScope Operations Agent Web Interface

Jump to solution

hi all

somewhere in the back of my head i have the idea that there used to be a web interface you could use to access the Operations Agent installed on the SiteScope server responsible for the event integration into BSM.

when installing SiteScope the Operations Agent is installed along with SiteScope. the agent will run three policies which are responsible for forwarding events to BSM/OMi.

- HP_SiteScope_to_Operations_Manager_Intergration_by_Log_File

- HP_SiteScope_to_Operations_Manager_Integration

- SiteScope_Hosts_Discovery

i would like to take a closer look at these policies to troubleshoot a problem with events forwarding to BSM. but i can't find the web interface. somehow i have the idea that it was similar to the bsm connector interface. but i am really not too sure if i am mixing up things here.

so does this exist? and if yes how can i access it?

thanks

Labels (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

As it was already mentioned in this thread, the OOB integration policies are not supposed to be customized. This is simply not supported (though technically you can do it). You can deploy your own policies to the same OM Agent, but don't touch the OOB policies. Also the policies are supposed to be modified in corresponding policy editor in OM, this is where you get nice UI. Without OM your only choice is using any regular text editor, but you should know the internal structure of the polciy file very well to understand what you are doing, otherwise you may simply make the policy invalid.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

I don't thinks so, maybe you're thinking of old BSM integration Adapter or maybe new BSM Connector.  Anyhow these policies are not to be customized.  If you want to just look at them find them in %ovdatadir%\datafiles\policies\le and %ovdatadir%\datafiles\policies\msgi

Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

hello kenneth

thank you very much for your reply. you're right. i think this was back in the time when we were using the old integration adapter.

i was able to find the policies on the file system and look at them. as expected i was not able to see anything problematic in there.

maybe you can give me some input on the original problem we are having:

we are using different "common event mapping" template in sitescope to forward events to bsm/omi. but we are only generating events based on alerts and not directly on the monitor on metric changes. so therefore on the monitor itself we have configured a common event mapping template on which the option "Log Only = True" is set. In the past this has worked just fine. the log entry in the integration log was created but the policy did not process the entry. so no events was generated.

recently we have noticed that even though we are still using Log Only = True in the event mapping template, we are receiving events in bsm/omi. but this should not be the case. so the Log Only = True is completely ignored

any thoughts?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

No, this is not how it works.

Log Only = True doesn't suppress sending events to BSM (of course, unless you manually changed the OOB integration policy). What it does is submitting events that go directly into the history event browser, so that you won't see such events in the active event browser. But it doesn't mean that the event wasn't sent and received in BSM.

Highlighted
Absent Member..

ahhhh now this does clarify a few things. thank you very much dmitry.

i will have to discuss this with the customer. but can you give me a pointer how i would have to change the out of the box policy in case we want to really suppress event from being sent to bsm/omi? not really sure yet if we should customize these things. usually i am not a big fan of too much customization. but here i would like to present alternatives to the customer. also what would be the appropriate way to edit these policies if so desired? applying changes directly to the file via a text editor seems to be the only choice at this stage.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

As it was already mentioned in this thread, the OOB integration policies are not supposed to be customized. This is simply not supported (though technically you can do it). You can deploy your own policies to the same OM Agent, but don't touch the OOB policies. Also the policies are supposed to be modified in corresponding policy editor in OM, this is where you get nice UI. Without OM your only choice is using any regular text editor, but you should know the internal structure of the polciy file very well to understand what you are doing, otherwise you may simply make the policy invalid.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

understood. i totally agree to what you said

many thanks again for the information

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

actually i just had a thought crossing my mind. maybe the best thing to do is to simply implement a suppression rule to drop these events before the get to the message browser. this might be the best thing to do.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.