Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

HP SiteScope - check if the snmp trap is the current date in the thresholds

Dear Experts,

We are currently using SiteScope 11.23 installed on RHEL.

We currently have OEM, which is another monitoring tool, send snmp traps to SiteScope and then SiteScope will alert.

So recently we had an alert from SiteScope a few days ago regarding this snmp trap that was sent from OEM.

A few days later, we had some issue with SiteScope and did a reboot of the server and also the application and some time later, SiteScope sent out an email alert regarding that snmp trap that was sent several days ago.

So I would like to also put in the thresholds so that SiteScope can double check to make sure that the snmp trap that was sent is recent, within a few hours ago.

I guess to start, how do I compare the date that the alert was sent and the date in the snmp trap that OEM sent to SiteScope?

Any advice on this is very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Also is it possible to clear the snmptrap.log file or clear the snmp trap that was alerted after SiteScope sends out an email alert?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Seems to me that a script alert would accomplish what you are looking to do.  A script alert that renames snmptrap.log to {date-time}.log would effectively keep your file from being re-read whenever SiteScope restarts.  The logs would stack up over time, so you would have to clean them up on occasion.

It might be tricky getting it to execute after the email alert has gone out.  But then again, if you put the scipt alert in last, it might execute the alerts in heirarchical order.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.