New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Commander
Commander

HPOM Download Acknowledged messages

Hi,

Our HPOM is integrated with OMi 9.25 for message forwarding.

We have a high load of messages which are important to calculate heartbeat but are irrelevant after a couple of hours, and these messages should be removed from history regularly.

However,

When downloading messages, message forwarding is stopped during the download, as well as ECSMGR.exe.

We are extensively using ECS for changing message attributes etc, including a perl file which is unloaded after restart of ECSMGR.

Is there really no other option to remove ack'd messages from the database?

BR
Remco

Tags (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Captain
Captain

Hi,

What is the command you are using to download and remove acknowledged messages from HP OMW console? It should be:

ovowmsgutil -dnl  <DIrectoryToSaveMessages>

and then to delete:

ovowmsgutil -del -exp (Expression option to qualify messages you want to change or download.)

Example below:

ovowmsgutil -del -exp "State = 4"

For additional reference, please check the ovowmsgutil.txt file located in %OvInstallDir%Support

Make sure you have the latest OMW console/accesories patch(es).

Let us know if this is the scenario , if you are using a different method or if this problem is when archiving messages in OMi.

Thanks,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Commander
Commander

Hi, 

Yep, this is what I am using, but during that time, message are not forwarded to OMi, but most important my ECS perl file is unloaded, and messages going through are not treated the right way.

I was hoping for some other solution, non service impacting

BR
Remco

0 Likes
Highlighted
Captain
Captain

Hi,

Unfortunately, via the command line, some OM services, one of them been OvEpMsgActSrv. need to shut down while the mass acknowledgment takes place.

Regards,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Hello @remcod

I would like to know if the information provided was useful?
Please do not hesitate to let us know if you need something else

Regards,

Daniela Gómez Alvarado
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.