Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

HPOM operations agent version 12

Hi,

I have a primary HPOM version 9.1 and a failover site that I just built.

I was going to use a message forwading policy to get events from my failover sight.

I installed a HPOM version 12 agent at the backup site, and created an allnode flexiable maangement policy to allow maangement and actions from either HPOM server.  I deployed the "OVO authorization" policy to all the servers.

Somehow the events from my backup HPOM are making it to my primary OM active browser, if I have a message forwarding rule on my primary HPOM server.

The message forwarding rules send specific events to BSM.  It seems that the events from my backup site which is monitoring a few nodes are getting forwarded to BSM.

Only conclustion I can think is that the version 12 agent is aware of primary and backup HPOM servers, and award of primary's msgforw rules.

Is this correct?

Johnson Hays

0 Likes
0 Replies
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.