Ensign Ensign
Ensign

HPOMW 9 Service/Process Monitoring

Jump to solution

Hello all.

I'm trying to use a HPOMW 9 Service/Process Monitoring policy to check for a running perl script on a HP-UX server.

From "ps -ef" output on the HP-UX server the process appears as follows:

transfer 12312     1  0  Aug 21  ?         0:00 /usr/bin/perl /sunquest/transfer/bbaudit_printserver_v2.pl

Within the Service/Process Monitoring policy I have used the following process name variations but none have worked.

It keeps returning  (ProcessIndex=0)

/usr/bin/perl    /sunquest/transfer/bbaudit_printserver_v2.pl

/sunquest/transfer/bbaudit_printserver_v2.pl

bbaudit_printserver_v2.pl

There are no parameters so I leave that field blank but have also tried <*>

Any suggestions to get this policy working?

Thanks in advance.

-Tom

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ensign Ensign
Ensign

Hello again all.

Figured it out.

In my case, the process is /usr/bin/perl and the paramter is /sunquest/transfer/bbaudit_printserver_v2.pl

Sorry for taking up a posting with this.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Ensign Ensign
Ensign

Hello again all.

Figured it out.

In my case, the process is /usr/bin/perl and the paramter is /sunquest/transfer/bbaudit_printserver_v2.pl

Sorry for taking up a posting with this.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.