HPOMW 9 Web Console
We're running HPOMW 9.
Below is our current patch level.
Our data center staff use the web console to monitor and manage events.
It has been working fine for years.
Suddenly yesterday it stated generating "Server Error, 500 - Internal server error.,There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed." messages and a web console session cannot be established.
Tried a reboot of the HPOMW management server but that didn't help.
I see nothing useful in the IIS logs.
Nothing has changed on the HPOMW management server.
Any ideas what would cause this issue to suddenly happen and how to fix?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
The latest installed patches are:
INFSPIWIN_00008, MSSSPIOMW9_00001, OAAIX_00032, OAHPUX_00032, OALIN_00032,
OALIN_DEB_00032, OASOL_00032, OAWIN_00032, OMW_00161, OMW_00185, OMW_00203,
Hello Tom Wolf_3,
Please find recommendations below:
- Check domain:
Please check whether your current domain also has child domains. If child domains have been turned off, it might result in the domain list taking some time for users who are part of the child domains, creating then a disconnection by TIME_ . If they were turned off, try to turn them on again and see whether issue has disappeared.
- Validate services:
- Close any browser that you used to connect to Web Console before
- In OMW Server use Task Manager and check whether OvBLXmlMessageServer process is running. If yes then kill it
- Restart the w3wp process (be sure that this will affect any other Web server based product)
- Now launch http://<<omwservername>> where <<omwservername>> is the shortname of the OMW server. If it launches the default IIS website, use: http://<<omwservername>>/ovoweb
- If Web Console still failing, use Task Manager and verify that OvBLXmlMessageServer is running (and it should be running under HP-OVE-User).
- Finally check that the %ovsharedir%\webconsole\userdata\status-options_.xml file (here will be the name of the user who launched Web Console) exists?
- Validate port and connection:
If you have a Reporter integration, make sure whether PM installed and OMW console are not using same port. PM uses Apache on port 80, this is conflict to Reporter IIS which is running on port 80 by default and this is impact to Reporter integration menu in OMW Web Console where is unable to open. Validate with network security team to define whether this is the issue.
If none of above options resolve issue, I recommend you open a ticket with Support team to see issue deeper.