UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21. Read more.
UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21.Read more.
Ensign
Ensign

HTML EMail Notification

Hi, 

I'm trying to set up a notification email in html format in OMi but when I insert event parameters such as <<event.severity>> or <<event.title> in the body of the template, the email is not sent. If I dont use event parameters the email is sent. It work in plain text as well, but I need the notification email in html format and with event parameters.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Marcos R

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Commander
Commander

Example:

You can create a message that informs the recipient which system has a problem and what the severity is with the following string:

<h2><<event.severity>> Severity Event Received for System: <<event.node.id>></h2>

<p>The event <b><<event.title>></b> with Severity: <b><<event.severity>></b> was received at: <b><<event.timeReceived>></b>.</p>

<p>Problem occurred on <<event.relatedCi.id>> <b><<event.node.dnsName>></b>.</p>

The application of this email template results in an email message formatted as follows:

Critical Severity Event Recieved for System: OraDBSvr1

The event Storage quota exceeded on logical volume /data-0

with severity Critical was received at: 2/12/14 11:49:40 AM.

Problem occurred on CI: /data-0 located on node: oracle01.example.com.

Note

Only use HTML code in the message text if you have selected the HTML Format check box.

https://docs.microfocus.com/OMi/10.63/Content/OMi/AdminGuide/EventProc/notification_about.htm?Highlight=HTML

Best Regards,
Danny Calderon Valerio
Customer Support Engineer
danny.calderon@microfocus.com
Microfocus values your feedback regarding your overall Support experience. Contact us at
software.satisfaction@microfocus.com 
0 Likes
Ensign
Ensign

Hi Danny,

I tried that, but it does not work, the email is not sent at all.

The email is sent if use plain text or if I use html format but without attreibutes such as <<event.severity>> or <<event.relatedCi.id>>.

I need to use html format with the attributes.

I don't know what could be the issue since I tried the string in the example and it does not work either.

Thanks,

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.