Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Handling spikes or evaluate policies depending on time.

Just wondering what would be the best way to approach monitoring of network traffic with regular spikes. The spikes are expected and of no interest to monitoring operators, so I'd like to suppress events generated by them. Usually traffic jumps when servers are backed-up at specific times every day. We use threshold policies from standard system information monitoring. I couldn't find an answer looking at either downtimes or correlations. Any ideas other than modifing the policies?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

I think you can try SBEC or Event suppression option in policy to suppress events during a particular time period.

Thanks,

Mayur

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Can you eleborate further? I don't see any relevant option in SBEC (Repetition, Missing recurrence, Combination). Event suppression works on top of filters that only provide less than/greater then conditions for absolute time.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.