Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Health Indicator issue

Hi,

I am facing the issue in Health indicator.  some CI's shows red status with "unknown events" KPI, but in event browser, there are no event related to that CI. I have reset the health Indicator and made it green. but again  it back to red. 

Most of Ci's has this issue with "Unknown events" KPI Only. 

Snapshot attached

Mark as solution , if works for you.
Regards,
Sumit Kumar
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Someone can please give some idea here . I have reset the Health Indicator, but again it become red with event KPI. But there are no event at all.

Regards,
Sumit Kumar
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

the Unresolved/Unassigned Events KPIs are not reset by the HI reset.

I sugget you open Support case because the sync between OMi and the Service Health got lost. you can reset it from the jmx, but i recommend to do it with Support.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Asaf,

it is happening for some of the CI's only. And i am able to reset the HI from the below API calling, it become green....but after some time..it again goes red, we had some event flood past 3 days..so we has closed all the event of OMI with close event option not with reseting the Health indicator option. After this , we are facing issue.

http://<GW IP>/topaz/servicehealth/customers/1/cis/<U_ID>/his/reset

Could you please tell me about JMX , how can i reset from there ?

Regards,
Sumit Kumar
0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Hello,

We have the same issue but we use a workaround. We use the following command:

In SSH from the GW we use:

/opt/HP/BSM/opr/support/sendEvent.sh -rch "servername" -s "normal" -t "TEST"

That sends an event to the OMI console from there we right click on the alert and select "Close and Reset Health Indicator"

and voila!

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.