Admiral
Admiral

How Monitoring ports in HPOM

Jump to solution

Hello,

I need monitoring OS ports in OML.

SPI Infrastructure don't have policy and scripts for monitoring ports.

How monitoring Unix and Windows ports in HPOM (OML) ??

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hello,

For a quick check, I would use netcat (UNIX/Windows) or portqry (Windows) in a script. Otherwise, each Operations Agent license now comes with some SiteScope points. You could therefore use SiteScope to probe for ports remotely. It assumes you want to deploy SiteScope in your environment.

Cheers,

Emmanuel.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Absent Member..

you can write a script and read netstat as an input.

0 Likes
Admiral
Admiral
I mean it is not good solution, who can a good script for this task?
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

What you think about use a telnet or similar command to open port and get some text output to verify if it open?

“The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution.”
Bertrand Russell
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Hello,

For a quick check, I would use netcat (UNIX/Windows) or portqry (Windows) in a script. Otherwise, each Operations Agent license now comes with some SiteScope points. You could therefore use SiteScope to probe for ports remotely. It assumes you want to deploy SiteScope in your environment.

Cheers,

Emmanuel.

View solution in original post

Absent Member..

I have this implemented via a custom script.

Here is a piece of code that gets connections to remote DB servers from app server:

connection_count=`netstat -a |grep 1521 | grep EST | grep -i dbpr | wc -l`
0 Likes
Yes, we have a sitescope 11.41, can we monitor port monitoring between application server to Database server?
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.