Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

How to integrate uCMDB with OMi 10.x?

hi community

we currently have a running APM system (9.25) and a OMI system 10.00 IP2. our CMS data is in uCMDB 10.20 which is properly integrated into APM via Push. So we are seeing all the CIs we would like to have in APM.

between APM and OMI we have set up topology sync as described in the integration guide for the APM/OMI integration.

in the future we would like to sync data directly from uCMDB to OMI since we will be redirecting all our users from APM to OMI to work on their events and run reporting.

so what is the best was to get CI information from uCMDB into OMI?

1- Data Push from uCMDB to OMI (via the probe connected to uCMDB)

2- Data Population from uCMDB to OMI (via the probe in OMI)

Thanks a lot for the help!

Cheers, Tibor

Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

both directions are supported.

for large topology sync i would recommend PUSH since its capacity is much higher (x10 times) than PULL.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

thanks Asaf

we were trying to set this up in the same way we have it in place for the uCMDB to RTSM (APM) sync. but we are running into troubles with the connection to the probe.

do you know if there is a documentation on how to integrate uCMDB and RTSM (OMI)? i was looking at the Integration Guide for OMI but could not find anything.

thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

make sure you are using the DFP that comes with OMi10. it is NOT the same DFP which comes with APM.

check the OMi Integration Guide, i think it is described there.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

i have searched the Integration Guide and was only able to find a scenario with SM, OMi and uCMDB involved. but i assume the same principles will apply without SM in the picture.

thanks again for your help Asaf. Much appreciated

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.