Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to set OVO heartbeat polling timeout value?

I keep getting the message "Failed to contact node xyz with BBC. Probably the node is down or there's a network problem."

I get these for various nodes at random; usually they're Solaris zones throwing the problem. I've validated that the node is indeed up, and every single time I get the message and bbc ping the node, it's OK.

What I'd like to do is extend the timeout value used when polling the node, to increase the chance of it actually successfully connecting.

How?
All your base are belong to us
0 Likes
3 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Tom,
check the OVOW online help for information on this topic and search for nodeinfo. This is how we do it because we don't allow ICMP pings:
Server settings (registry MsgActSrv):
DISABLE_ACTIVE_PING_HEALTH_CHECK "TRUE"
HEALTH_CHECK_INTERVAL "290"
HEALTH_CHECK_MSG_SEVERITY "Critical"

Agent settings (opcinfo or nodeinfo):
OPC_COMM_TYPE RPC_DCE_TCP
OPC_RPC_ONLY TRUE
OPC_DO_HBP_ON_AGENT FALSE
OPC_HBP_INTERVAL_ON_AGENT 140

We thus have TCP using RPC checking only. The agents send an alive packet every 140 seconds and the server checks if there is a packet received from each node every 290 seconds. 290 / 140 = 2.x meaning the agent has 2 changes of notifying the management server that it's still alive.

Regards,

David
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Thom,
I see now that your experiencing BBC problems and are thus using OVOU. Then my answers will not really help.

However, I assume some of the settings are still valid, like the polling and sending alive packet parameters, so in the OVOU documentation you must be able to find something about this.

Cheers,

David
0 Likes
Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

Hi Dev, Could you please help me to identify those parameters. HEALTH_CHECK_INTERVAL and etc.. Where I need to check. Its urgent. appriciate the comments with points. Mgmt Srv : OMU 9.0 on HPUX Managed Env : Windows Regards, Easwar
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.