Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

How to setup Sitescope to monitor 1 PID within multiple PIDs on 1 server

I am in the process of getting SiteScope on our JBOSS servers in the Load Test environment (15 Servers).  The configuration in this environment is similar to production in the way they load their applications (over 300 applications).  As you can see in the screen shot from SiteScope, 1 server contains 12 PIDs, each PID is a different application.  None of the templates with SiteScope would allow us to see PID information, so we created our own.  We used the TOP command to obtain our data.  When I create the report from SiteScope it doesn't break down by PID or CPU, memory (Report attached as PDF). 

Is there a way to pull the CPU and Swap Memory by PID, or is there a way to filter the data in SiteScope?  The PIDs change every time the applications is deployed.  I would also like to have the pulled when I run the HPE Analysis.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Larry

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Hello

It seems this is a custom monitor using a complex script, in this case, I would suggest to create one custom monitor per PID instead of only 1 monitor handling all the PIDs information. The report only shows a value per counter, so the counters should be "swap memory", "CPU", etc.

Let us know what do you think about it.

Regards,

Allan D.

Allan Delgado Calderon
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Allan_D,

Thank for your feedback.  We are currently looking into breaking the information into smaller pieces.  I will let you know how it turns out.  Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Larry

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.