Admiral
Admiral

How to use oracle driver on Database monitors for SiteScope 11.1x and 11.20, 11.21

We must to go to www.oracle.com and download JDBC driver according our Oracle Database and Java Version Running, in this case is the SiteScope Java version.

after download the file we must to follow those steps to "install" this JDBC driver.

1. Stop SiteScope Service

2. Copy the file .jar in <SiteScope_Folder>\WEB-INF\lib

3. Start SiteScope Service

with those 3 steps we install the driver. It is very important stop the service because, when SiteScope starts reads all the jar files located on WEB-INF\lib. If we doesn't do this restart, SiteScope will doesn't know about which driver we talk.

Let's try the Driver.

to try the driver, we must to go to Tools\ Database tools\ Database connection Tool

Here complete the configuration from our Oracle

Database Connection URL: jdbc:oracle.thin:@HOSTSERVER/SID

Database Driver: oracle.jdbc.driver.Oracle

Credentials:

here is important, you cannot use SYS, SYSADMIN then is recommended to use an user with enough rights.

and then, click on RUN TOOL

if the results are like:

Step 1: Attempting Localte Driver Class...

Driver Class: oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver LOCATED SUCCESSFULLY!

Step 2: Attempting to load Driver Class...

Driver Class: LOADED SUCCESSFULLY!

Step 3: Attempting to connect to Database...

Database: jdbc:oracle.thin:@host/SID Connection ESTABLISHED SUCCESSFULLY!

Step 4: Attempting to Close Connection...

All Resources CLOSED SUCCESSFULLY!

If this is the results, when we configure a Oracle Database, we must to use those parameters

Database Connection URL: jdbc:oracle.thin:@HOSTSERVER/SID

Database Driver: oracle.jdbc.driver.Oracle

"HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution."
Labels (1)
22 Replies
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Thank you for this information!

I receive an error trying to connect.

Step 1:Attempting to Locate Driver Class... 
***ERROR***: Unable to instantiate the driver class. The class name was found, but could not be instantiated, or the driver does not support the specified URL.

Database driver: oracle.jdbc.driver.Oracle

The database is Oracle 11.2.0.3 and I loaded the ojdbc6.jar from http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/enterprise-edition/jdbc-112010-090769.html.

I did restart the service for the file to load.

Any help would be appreciated!

0 Likes
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

Hi Disconnected,

The driver is rejecting your connection URL, can you post it?
Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
0 Likes
Absent Member..

jdbc:oracle:thin:@lawq-scan.chw.edu:1531:qa

I verified this was correct with my DBA.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Cadet 2nd Class

Yes, that seems right. Try this driver class: oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Failure.
0 Likes
Cadet 2nd Class

Can you test with the tool I just posted here: http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/SiteScope-Support-Customer-Forum/SiS-Support-Tip-Simple-JDBC-connection-testing-tool/td-p/6393959
Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

0 Likes
Cadet 2nd Class

Also try the URL with the host IP maybe the hyphen is messing up the URL.
Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

0 Likes
Absent Member..

I responded in the other thread: cannot load documentation for the tool.

I also tried the host IP - didn't work.
0 Likes
Cadet 2nd Class

Let's continue in this thread. This is weird. Can you try this: jdbc:oracle:thin:@lawq-scan.chw.edu:1531/qa ?

Maybe this new driver is not accepting legacy URL with ":SID"
Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

0 Likes
Cadet 2nd Class

Also, just to confirm you're running SiS 11.x as the driver you're using is for Java 1.6 clients or higher (ojdbc6.jar).
Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

0 Likes
Absent Member..

/qa did not work either.

I am running HP SiteScope 11.23 64-bit JVM, Build SS1123131230.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.