Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

I need to monitor an email sent to my inbox

I recieve emails from this hardware when there is a problem.  It is not a system/server, just a hardware.  I get notifications via email and I need to monitor them in openview so I can put instructions.  Is there a way to monitor this in OMW 8.16?

Please advise,

Teresa Aldea

0 Likes
3 Replies
Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

Hello

If I read your post correctly - you are looking for an option where an individual email to your mailbox can be captured and trigger as an alert in OMW Console. If this is correct I don't think you can do this.

If the hardware is sending you alerts then check if it can send SNMP trap messages. If that is possible then you can create a SNMP poilcy that will look for this message from the hardware and you can get alerts in the Console.

Hope this helps or you get a better answer.

Regards

Ram

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

As Ram said, monitoring the email is not possible i think. 

I think when the hardware can send emails, sure, it should support SNMP aswell, most probably. in that case, you can configure SNMP Policy and monitor the SNMP Traps from that hardware... 

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello

You can try this:

1. Write a script to receive mail and save it to a text file

2. write OM policy for log files.

But this is not the best way.

Best use snmp or another metod.

Regards.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.