Vice Admiral Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Incomplete Transactions Total 100% in RUM Engine web console

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am getting critical status on Incomplete Transactions Total and its value is 100% in RUM Engine web console. Sharing screen shot with you kindly have a look.

Best Regard

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Mike,

I'm traveling and dont have access to my test environment at the moment, but you can get some further information on this error in the RUM Engine Web Console.  Go to the health page and select 'Help on this Page' from the help menu.  Go to the sniffer probe section and search for the monitor name.

I have seen this error with in network packet broker filter issues -  where only one half of the traffic is being picked up (e.g. you can only see packets flowing in one direction, because the response traffic is not matching the filter).  It might be worth talking this through with your network and VM Infrastructure experts to see if it's possible that return traffic is routing differently and not getting picked up by the RUM Probe.

Regards,

Tim

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Mike,

I'm traveling and dont have access to my test environment at the moment, but you can get some further information on this error in the RUM Engine Web Console.  Go to the health page and select 'Help on this Page' from the help menu.  Go to the sniffer probe section and search for the monitor name.

I have seen this error with in network packet broker filter issues -  where only one half of the traffic is being picked up (e.g. you can only see packets flowing in one direction, because the response traffic is not matching the filter).  It might be worth talking this through with your network and VM Infrastructure experts to see if it's possible that return traffic is routing differently and not getting picked up by the RUM Probe.

Regards,

Tim

View solution in original post

Vice Admiral Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Hi,

Hope you are doing well. Thank you so much for your response.

Yes actully you are right, issue was related communication "only one half of the traffic is being picked up (e.g. you can only see packets flowing in one direction, because the response traffic is not matching the filter)".

Best Regards

0 Likes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Hello,

I am facing the similiar issue i have no filters configured i have two probes collecting data on the two servers i have inserted the ip address of collectors on the single beatbox configuration xml file so help me out on this issue.

Regards

Shivam

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Shivam,

Can you describe your RUM environment (e.g. RUM version, Probe OS and type), and how the probe is receiving data (e.g. port mirroring/spanning etc)?

Also, can you post a screen shot of the SSL decryption page from the RUM Engine web console?

Regards,

Tim

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.