ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins. Read more for important details.
ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins.Read more for important details.
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Integrate NNMi to BVD dashboard

Dear All

Had anyone integrated NNM and BVD especially to create dashboard for events from NNMi.

I understand this can be implemented using OpsConnector policy, but I am not able to figure how to create this integration. If anyone has done it please can you share me the steps please.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello,

The only out-of-the-box integration between NNMi and BVD would be to forward events from the BSMC on NNMi to BVD via a BVD Forwarding policy,  Otherwise, you would need to create your own integration.  BVD is quite open and just needs to get data in JSON format via HTTP(S) POST.  The BSMC can help with that part.  Eg, create a policy to get that data from sources such as structured log file, database, perl script, REST web service etc and the BVD Forwarding policy will convert it to JSON and POST it to BVD.

Also you can check this link with more information:

https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/IT-Operations-Management-ITOM/How-do-I-build-dashboard-for-my-business-using-NNMi/ba-p/1592253#.Wqv8XejwbIU

Also on the official documentation from NNMi you can find some relevant information:
https://docs.microfocus.com/NNMi/10.40/Content/NT/int_BVD.htm

Regards,

Edward Campos Monge.
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.”
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Edward

Thanks for your information, it was useful.

Can you give me an example of how to create BVD Forwarding policy to forward events from NNMi to BVD.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.