New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Is SiteScope compatible to Windows 7 and IE 8?

SiteScope 11 client GUI is compatible with all Microsoft Windows OS, including Windows 7 and using IE 7.x - 8.0

For more information please review the Releases Notes available in: 

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM969681

Please replay to this message if you have any doubt.

David

David Molina
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi David,

Gone through the link provided by you , thanks for the information.

will windows 7 supports for installation of site scope 11 .

we are using asp.Net application and planning to go for Site scope for Monitoring IIS servers.

Question:

1. Will sitescope supports the asp.Net application to handle the IIS servers.

2.IF yes will that able to support for windows 7 64 bit OS and windows server 2008.

In Realease Notes it is said supporting below Operating systems.

Operating System:-

Microsoft Windows 2003 Standard/Enterprise editions SP1, SP2

Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Enterprise R2 SP1, SP2

Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Standard/Enterprise R2, SP2

Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Hyper-V

No where it is mentioned that they will supporting windows 7 64 bit OS.

awaiting for the reply

regards

Raghavendra.p

0 Likes
Highlighted
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

You cannot install sitescope on Win 7 but you can use systems running on Win7 to use/access sitescope.

SiteScope client is supported by the following:

➤ All Microsoft Windows operating systems (including Microsoft Windows
7) using Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.x-8.0.
➤ Firefox 3.0x (certified on clients running on Windows environments
only).

Sitescope can monitor IIS and ASP environment. You can use Microsoft ASP Server Monitor and Microsoft IIS Server Monitor. If I am right, it should be able to monitr systems running Win7 OS

--Sujith

Close the thread if your issue is resolved to make the thread meaningful and complete. Do show gratitude to people who helped you by assigning points.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

HI Sujith,

I am New to use this tool(sitescope), Please guide me for the below environment.

1.we are using windows 7 and windows server 2008 Operation system. this is our Environment where our application has to support.

believing that we are using only above said environments only.

Question:

Before i use the sitescope i need to intall it on some OS i.e( windows 7 and windows server 2008)

If i want install the software sitescope 11, i will be installing either windows 7 or if required i may use windows server2008.

In this situation  what need to be done.

regards

Raghavendra.p

0 Likes
Highlighted
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Sitescope can not be deployed on Win 7 but can be on Win 2008. I suggest you to go through the attached document properly before you deploy sitescope. For your quick reference, refer to page 64 as your query is related to system requirements.

Go to http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/manuals and download the required manuals and go through them. You will get good idea about the tool.

--Sujith

Close the thread if your issue is resolved to make the thread meaningful and complete. Do show gratitude to people who helped you by assigning points.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi, Raghavendra.

We test SiteScope installation only on Windows Server family.

As far as I remember, we do not have any OS checks in the installer, so if you really want, you can install SiteScope on Windows 7.

However, you'll be on your own there and if you run into any issues, the first thing that support will say would be to move the SiteScope to any supported OS.

Retrieving data from remote Windows 7 machine works ok.

Thank you.

Sergey.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.